item2

520 W. Wise Rd., Schaumburg, IL 60193
1/2 mile West of Roselle Rd.
847
-534-7991

Hypnosis Frequently Asked Questions

What is hypnosis really?

Hypnosis is a natural state of deep, focused concentration that we have all experienced without really knowing what to call it. If you have ever been driving and felt your mind drift off due to the monotony of the road, or if you've ever cried at a movie, then you've experienced hypnosis. When you choose to use hypnosis for your benefit, it is you who induces your own hypnotic state and you who chooses to plant suggestions for change in your life. The hypnotherapist serves as a coach during the process.

How does hypnosis work?

Our subconscious, which makes up 90% of our mind, is like a giant file cabinet filled with all of our memories, beliefs and emotions. The remaining 10%, our conscious thoughts are simply tapes we play. Unfortunately, many of our tapes are negative based on impressions and decisions we made at a very early age. As children we are highly suggestible; our minds are not yet made up about ourselves or the world. This is when negative beliefs get placed inside our file cabinet. Then when we reach the teenage years we close the drawer of our file cabinet and our beliefs, habits and coping methods become permanently stored. We spend the rest of our lives referring to and using files that have not been updated in years. 
  

Hypnosis relaxes our conscious thoughts for a short period of time so that our files can be updated with new, positive information. Another way of saying this is that hypnosis bypasses our "anti-suggestion barrier" and allows us to enter more accurate information based on our adult wisdom.

What is it like to be hypnotized?

While in hypnosis you can act, think and talk at any time. You are never unconscious. In fact, if you do not hear anything, you are not hypnotized, you are sleeping! You will experience a profound type of relaxation that lets you focus your attention on whatever issue or goal you choose. You are in total control and cannot be made to do anything against your will.

Who can be hypnotized?

Anyone of average intelligence, who has the desire, can experience hypnosis. Sometimes, those who say they have a "strong will" intentionally prevent themselves from entering hypnosis by analyzing what is happening, rather than following directions. After checking it out and realizing that they are always in control, most people "get out of their own way."

How successful is hypnosis?

Hypnosis is not magic, but it definitely works! Hypnotic suggestions are based on the proven fact that your consistent thoughts become your reality. The degree of success depends upon each person's needs, beliefs and desire.how much you really want to change that part of your life! We often don't succeed in making life changes using logic and will power because logic and will power are located in our conscious mind, while the emotions that drive our behaviors are located in our subconscious mind. When we have a mental debate between will power and emotional urge, emotions win 100% of the time.

How much does hypnosis cost?

You are welcome to come in for a free 30 minute, no obligation visit where you can find out more, discuss your goals and decide if you wish to proceed. Hypnosis is not used during this session. 
 Subsequent sessions (call for price) last between 60 and 90 minutes. Some issues can be successfully resolved in one session while others may take more time to get to the root of the problem.

 

HOURS:
Mon.-Thurs. 8:00am-8:00pm
Fri. 8:00am-6:00pm
Sat. 9:00am-3:00pm

facebooklogo